In the last two years over 500 participants have enhanced their knowledge and gained competencies in our focused and cost-effective Workshops and Courses.
Their average satisfaction feedback score in our training is 4.6 out of 5.0 and many report that they were immediately able to use what they had learnt in current duties and projects. Please review the content of our popular Workshops and Courses below to see which will give you the skills and competencies you need.
Our Workshops and Courses are held in conveniently located Adelaide CBD training facilities. All meals, handouts and training materials are included.
On completion of a Course or Workshop, you will be provided with a Certificate of Achievement and access to advanced reading materials, tools and links on our Resources, Tools & URLs web pages.
You will also be eligible to join one of our dedicated and exclusive 'Course Alumni' discussion e-mail lists and put questions to the presenter and/or our other trainers and experts!
If you have any questions, please call us on 1300 337 164 or e-mail us at
2016 eHealth and HL7 Seminars, Courses & Workshops in Adelaide
'Implementing HL7 V2.x' - 2 days of Intensive HL7 Implementation Training
This 2-day Intensive Implementation Training Course is ideal for interface analysts, programmers, specification writers and implementation engineers.
You will learn the skills required for the analysis, development, testing, problem solving and commissioning of successful HL7 messaging interfaces for ADT, Pathology, Medications, Scheduling, etc.
You will practice these skills in small teams with hands-on Message-Building Case Studies.
After completing this Course, you will be able to confidently implement V2.x message design, trigger concepts, message formatting rules, data types, original/enhanced acknowledgement rules as well as manage identifiers and table translation issues.
In this Intensive Course we will:
● Explore the main e-Health standards, their scope, organisations and the HL7 standards methodology
● Learn scope, structure and content of the HL7 V2.x, CDA, V3 and FHIR standards
● Work through multiple Interface messaging examples for ADT, Pathology, Medications, Scheduling, etc.
● Groupwork 1: Create a HL7 V2.x message exchange for a pathology application
● HL7 V2.x messaging hints, typical pitfalls and 'gotchas'
● Groupwork 2: Create a HL7 V2.x message exchange provided by participants
Klaus has implemented HL7 systems and interfaces since the early 1990's.
He is certified to HL7 V2.7, V2.6, V2.5 & V2.4.
His HL7 consultancy has assisted nearly every jurisdiction and most eHealth companies in Australasia!
Klaus is the first HL7 Fellow in the southern hemisphere.
Wednesday, 15 July 2015, 9am - 5pm
HL7 International Certification Exam Preparation Boot Camp
In our infamous 6-hour 'Boot Camp', we prepare candidates for the HL7 International V2.7 Analyst Certification Exam.
Fast-paced, intense and exercise-based, we drill the candidates with real exam papers, plug any knowledge gaps and coach them to successfully pass the Exam.
Participants will leave the 'Boot Camp' ready to submit themselves to the
rigorous V2.7 Certification Exam.
Ideal for participants of our 'HL7 V2.x Intensive Message Implementation' Course as well as experienced HL7 users.
Successful Exam candidates will get a HL7 International Analyst Certificate and are listed in a global register.
Our candidates have a >80% pass rate.
Your Boot Camp 'Drill Sergeant' will:
● Brief you on the format and content of the HL7 V2.7 Certification Exam
● Coach you through the not commonly known topics and pitfalls of the Exam
● Test your HL7 knowledge with real HL7 International V2.7 Exam papers
● Review your Trial Exam results and fill in any knowledge gaps
HL7 Fellow Klaus Veil has taught HL7 systems implementation for over 15 years.
His HL7 consultancy focuses on correct and compliant implementation of the HL7 standards.
He was the co-founder of AHML, the globally first HL7 V2.x Message Certification facility.
Klaus is certified to HL7 V2.7, V2.6, V2.5 & V2.4 and is the first HL7 Fellow in the southern hemisphere. The pass-rate of his exam candidates is >80%!
If you need urgent training or the above dates don't suit you, here are alternative locations and dates:
'HL7 Fundamentals' - The HL7 International On-Line Course
The online format is flexible and especially suits those who prefer to study at home in their own time.
The 'HL7 Fundamentals' Course uses 'blended learning' to create an interesting and lively learning experience.
Reading and study is combined with online activities such as exercises, quizzes and group discussions.
HL7 International runs regular eLearning Courses for people wanting to study HL7 V2.x, FHIR, CDA and V3 by online distance education.
See the Course Activities and Course Outcomes below.
Prerequisites: None! All you require is access to a PC with an internet connection for 4 hours every week.
During the On-Line Course we will:
● Read the focussed teaching materials
● Study the bibliographic reference material
● Participate in discussion forums
● Explore and study the Glossary
● Do supervised integration exercises
● Complete self-evaluation quizzes
● Evaluate our progress after each module
After successfully completing the Course, you will be able to:
● Appreciate the challenges of connecting disparate healthcare information systems
● Confront disjointed healthcare information systems and interconnect them
● Read and understand the most widely used HL7 standards
● Understand the need for controlled vocabularies, master files & entity registries
● Read and write HL7 V2.x messages
● Read and write HL7 CDA® R2 documents
● Read and write HL7 V3 messages
eHealth & HL7 Education Partners welcome on-line Course registrations.
Use the 'Book Your Workshop Now' buttons above to register and pay online.
You can pay with Visa, MasterCard, American Express, a bank account or a PayPal account.
Our online registration and payment system will automatically e-mail you a Registration Confirmation and a Tax Invoice/Receipt.
As your payment registers you automatically, no seperate registration is required (unless your payment is for someone else)!
If you have any problems with your registration or you need an invoice, please call us on 1300 337 164 or e-mail us at
If your circumstances change, we can transfer your registration to a colleague, issue a credit or refund your registration fee.
Note: 5%-40% Discounts available for two or more bookings or participants! Please call us on 1300 337 164 for details.
General Seminar/Workshop/Course Payment
You can pay with Visa Card, MasterCard, American Express, a bank account or a PayPal account.
Click the "Make a Payment" button, then enter the amount in "Item price" box on the next page and click "Update".
Please share this Education Program in Adelaide with anyone that may be interested: